Baby on BoardApril 9, 2012 | in Drive Like ME
Recently, a woman was spotted texting and driving. Normally, this wouldn’t be a big deal, but the woman also had a 1-year old infant in her lap! She also had an unrestrained 2-year old in the back seat. The driver who spotted her immediately called police and followed her until they arrived. She was arrested and the children were handed over to CPS. The 29-year old woman admitted to having previous traffic citations for “not having insurance, not wearing a seat belt, not having a valid driver’s license, driving with a missing license plate, not obeying traffic signals, not using child restraints, having defective lights and having a defective windshield or rear window”. Defensive driving can help with some of these situations, but driving with children in the car goes beyond defensive driving. Below are a few tips on driving with children in the car.
1) Children should be restrained in the back seat at all times.
2) Make a checklist of the things your child may need while on the road.
3) Provide the child with some type of entertainment (toys) so they won’t distract you while driving.
4) If you have to remove the child’s seatbelt for any reason, pull over before doing so.
5) Keep your eyes on the road! People easily get distracted by the “cute little things” their children do. But you don’t want those things to be the reason your child loses their life in a car accident.← Here comes Peter Cotton Tail | Sweetest Little Courthouse in Hidalgo. →