Keeping it Clean- Your Car Interior!March 7, 2011 | in Defensive Driving Online
Depending on how heavily trafficked your car is, you’ll need to clean the inside on a regular schedule. You’ll need:
· A vacuum and its assorted attachments (round brush, narrow brush, etc.)
· A garbage bag
· Window cleaner and paper towels
· A general purpose spray cleaner
· Damp cloth
· Upholstery foam cleaner
· A stiff brush
Now, you’re ready to begin!
1. Clean the windows inside and out.
2. Remove the mats and shake them out. Next, scrub them with the brush to loosen ingrained dirt; then, beat them again.
3. Vacuum the car. Start with the driver’s seat. Push the seat all the way back and vacuum the seat, under the pedals, etc. Use the brush to scrub the upholstery before vacuuming again. After thoroughly vacuuming the driver’s seat, proceed counter-clockwise around the car, pushing seats forward or back as needed.
4. Use your damp cloth to wipe down the dashboard and other plastic fixtures. Spray your all purpose cleaner directly onto the cloth; you don’t want to accidentally damage electrical equipment in your car by spraying too much cleaner onto your dashboard.
If your car is really dirty, you may want to take it to a cleaning service to have the whole interior steam cleaned. While you can rent a steam cleaning machine fairly cheaply, it’s quite easy to damage your car with this if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing.
To read more on a broad range of subjects from “How To Change A Tire” to “How To Jumpstart Your Car”, visit DefensiveDriving.com’s Safe Driver Resources website!
← Keep Important Documents in Your Car | Out of Control →