To Drink or Not to Drink…. You be the JudgeOctober 21, 2011 | in Born to Drive
Halloween is right around the corner which means parties, parties, and oh, yea PARTIES!!! Whether you plan on going out to multiple events or having an event at your home, remember to be safe. We hear all the time about alcohol related accidents that claim the lives of innocent people and somehow we always think that it will never happen to us. But did you know that:
- Everyday, almost 30 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This amounts to one death every 48 minutes.
- The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $51 billion.
Receiving a DUI can not only ruin your life and cost you thousands of dollars, but worst case scenario, you could kill yourself or someone and that will be on your conscience for the rest of your life.
There are several tactics that law enforcement uses to protect others on the road:
- Actively enforcing existing 0.08% BAC laws, minimum legal drinking age laws, and zero tolerance laws for drivers younger than 21 years old in all states.
- Promptly taking away the driver’s licenses of people who drive while intoxicated.
- Using sobriety checkpoints.
- Using Ignition interlocks.
- Using community-based approaches to alcohol control and DWI prevention.
- Requiring mandatory substance abuse assessment and treatment, if needed, for DWI offenders.
So remember, while planning your social plans involving alcohol, make plans to avoid driving after you have been drinking.
- Prior to any drinking, designate a non-drinking driver when with a group.
- Don’t let your friends drive impaired. Take their keys away.
- If you’re hosting a party where alcohol will be served, remind your guests to plan ahead and designate their sober drivers; offer alcohol-free beverages; and make sure all guests leave with a sober driver.
Sometimes a reality check is all you need… unfortunately, this reality check is one you don’t want… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZvOUE4Zfqc
For more tips on safe driving go to:www.defensivedriving.com.
DefensiveDriving.Com is having a promotional for students to take the course at a discounted price of $20.00. Simply go to www.defensivedriving.com and register for “Insurance Only” and enter INSURANCE:2011 in the promotional code field, or contact our 24-hour Customer Support at 888-545-5422 for more information.
DefensiveDriving.Com is having a contest!!! For those that have a Facebook account and you “Like” our Defensive Driving page you will get entered into our weekly contest to win an American Express gift card!!!
-Kim← When we are the best teacher | A Patient Driver Is A Safer Driver →