True StoryApril 8, 2011 | in My Kind of Driving
My life and the life of my kids flashed before my eyes.. While driving to work I had a BLOW OUT. There was a loud pop and boom.. sparks, smoke, burning rubber every where. Luckily for me I had been trained extensively by DefensiveDriving.com on what to do in driving emergencies.
If one of your tires blows:
- Hold the steering wheel tightly and steer straight ahead.
- Slow down gradually. Take your foot off the gas pedal slowly but don’t apply the brakes.
- Slow to a stop off the road.
- Turn on your emergency flashers.
- Apply the brakes when the car is almost stopped.
DefensiveDriving.com’s driving safety school has as safety driving video that has great detail on how to maneuver and change a flat tire.← How To Dismiss Your Ticket! | It’s Time for Some Spring Cleaning for Your Car! →