Ways to Get Out of a TicketDecember 21, 2011 | in Drive Like ME
Here are a couple of excuses people have tried to use to get out of a speeding ticket:
1) “Officer, it just seem like I was going fast because you were standing still.”
2) Officer-Why were you going so fast?
Me-I’m just trying to keep up with the traffic, officer.
Officer-I don’t see any traffic.
Me: Exactly! That’s how far behind I am.
3) As soon as the officer walks up, explain in a panicked voice, “I’m so glad to see you! I was just almost ran off the road by a guy in a (any make and model vehicle) and I was trying to catch up to him to get his license plate number to report it before he harms anyone!
4) Flirt, flirt, flirt! Compliment his mustache. Tell the officer how much you love a man in uniform. The male’s ego is HUGE so a little compliment goes a long way. *Note: This will only work if a woman is stopped by a male.
5) You could always take the polite approach. Admit that you were speeding. Have a good excuse (even if it’s an exaggerated excuse). “Yes, officer” and “No, officer” may do the trick.
Please note that at least 3/5 of these excuses are likely to fail. In the case that the officer decides to give you the ticket, you are able to complete a driver safety course for ticket dismissal.← Online Driver Safety Course for decreasing distrated driving | Deal or No Deal →