Defensive Driving: Insurance Reduction in Texas…February 3, 2010 | in Defensive Driving Tips
By completing a state approved defensive driving course such as DefensiveDriving.com, you’ll not only improve your skills as a driver, you also could be eligible to save money on your insurance! Many of the leading insurance companies in the state of Texas offer various kinds of “safe driver” discounts, including discounts for completing a defensive driving course.
These discounts can be anywhere from three to twenty percent off your automobile insurance premium; most discounts are valid for three years. After completing your defensive driving course, contact your insurance provider with a valid certificate of completion to claim your discount. If you’ve already completed your course, don’t worry! Most companies will allow you to apply for this discount any time within three years of completion.
Below are some of the top Texas insurers that offer a discount for completing a defensive driving course. However, you should contact your local agent to confirm that this discount applies to your policy.
• State Farm
• Farmers Auto Insurance
• GEICO, GEICO Indemnity, & General Insurance Company
• USAA County Mutual Insurance Co.
• Southern Farm Bureau Casualty
• Mid-Century Insurance Company
• Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
• State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas
• Liberty County Mutual Insurance Company
• Colonial County Mutual Insurance Group
• AAA Texas County Mutual Insurance Company
• Safeco Insurance Company
• Amica Mutual Insurance Company
• Germania Insurance Company
• Metropolitan Lloyds Insurance Company of Texas
• Infinity County Mutual Insurance Company
• General Insurance Company of America
For more information on insurance companies and agents operating in the state of Texas, check out the Texas Department of Insurance website. This website has contact information for leading insurance companies, agent contact directories, lists of top insurers in various categories, and lots more information:
Even if you don’t see your company on the list, they may still offer a discount. Contact an agent in your area for more information.
Any additional individuals listed on your insurance policies can realize savings if they also take defensive driving.
If taking the course for insurance only, you can take the course again if you get a ticket (as long as you have not dismissed a ticket with defensive driving in the past 12 months)
DefensiveDriving.com is state approved and consumer approved, it is the most popular online course in Texas since 2000!