Elements of the Best Road Trip PlaylistsJune 20, 2013 | in Defensive Driving Tips
Music is the one ingredient that can make or break your road trip. The right music will make your trip enjoyable and memorable, while the wrong music will just make your excursion boring and dull. It is true that music preferences are very subjective, but there are a few things that every road trip playlist should accomplish.
What should I look for when creating my playlist?
The most important thing you want in a song is one that will make you happy. When you listen to it, does your mood improve? If it does, put it on the list. Another important factor is move-ability. In other words, does the music make you dance? Every song on your playlist should make you want to shake your groove thing.
The other perk of upbeat music is that it will help keep you awake.
If you have ever driven a long distance before, you know that the hardest part is staying awake (It is impossible to drive defensively if all of your energy is going into keeping your eyelids up). Boring, slow-paced music will only make this task harder. On the other hand, if you can move your body along to the music, your blood will be pumping and you will have no problem staying awake for the long haul.
What else can keep me awake?
Singing along to the lyrics, of course! You want to make sure that you know the words to every song on your playlist. Okay, you don’t have to know every word, but you should at least be familiar with the chorus.
Do you have any suggestions?
We’re glad you asked! Yes, why yes, we do. Here are a few of the most popular road trip songs that are sure to keep you movin’ and groovin’ all the way to your destination.
1. I’m Gonna Be by The Proclaimers — Otherwise known as, “I would walk 500 miles….” This classic song is just begging to be belted from the top of your lungs and is sure to entertain even the cars next to you.
2. Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts — The title alone is enough to get this song on any road trip playlist. Luckily, it has a catchy beat, too.
3. Born to Be Wild by Steppenwolf — Who doesn’t know the words to this song? It is sure to be a hit with everyone in the car.
4. On the Road Again by Willie Nelson — This song is perfect for when you are still not quite there yet.
5. No Particular Place to Go by Chuck Berry — This upbeat classic even works if you do know where you are going.
Your road trip playlist can make or break the enjoyableness of your adventure. Don’t let your lack of preparation ruin the entire experience. Take a little time and make the perfect playlist, and you will be rocking out in your car in no time at all.← Four of the Best Roadtrips to Take This Summer… | Fast & Furious 6: To Go or Not to Go →