Slippery and Wet drivingApril 16, 2012 | in Crash & Burn: Life in the Fastlane
On any occasion , driving on the road can be dangerous. However, you must always drive on guard
when driving in rain.In stormy conditions, it is more difficult to see other vehicles, road signs and the
road itself. It is crucial to to make sure you can see and be seen to ensure your Driver Safety. By
taking DefensiveDriving.com , you will learn tips to better equip yourself to drive on slippery and wet
roads. The following are some tips to consider:
- First and foremost: slow down! It takes longer to stop or adjust in wet weather.
- Stay toward the middle lanes – water tends to pool in the outside lanes.
- Maintain proper following distance (3 Second Rule). This needs to be increased in wet weather.
- Drive in the tracks of a car ahead of you.
- Never drive through moving water if you can't see the ground through it; your car could be swept off the road.
- When driving through a puddle of uncertain depth, go slow. If it's deeper than the bottom of your doors, turn around and find another route. Deep water can cause serious damage to a modern car's electrical system.
- Avoid splashing pedestrians.
I hope these tips will help in improving your Driver Safety during rainy weather. By taking our State
Approved Defensive Driving Course, you will be given all the tools needed to conquer the road.
← Distracted School Bus driver | Florida Driver Safety →