Year in Review: Weird Law WednesdayDecember 29, 2016 | in Weird Laws
As we wind down 2016, we take a look back at some of the weirdest laws out there. Here’s a list of twenty of the most bizarre laws that were featured on DefensiveDriving.com’s “Weird Law Wednesdays.”
- In Japan, being a sober passenger isn’t enough. If the driver is intoxicated, the passenger also can be punished under the law.
- In Florida, you may not tie an alligator, a goat, or an elephant to a parking meter unless you pay for parking.
- In Italy, you can drive with your dog as long as they wear a seatbelt.
- In Thailand, it’s illegal to drive without a shirt.
- In Kansas, it is illegal to screech your tires.
- In Canton, Ohio, roller skating in the street is illegal.
- It’s okay to drive on the sidewalk in Oregon as long as you yield to pedestrians.
- Swearing from a vehicle is a misdemeanor in Rockville, Maryland.
- In Arcadia, California, peacocks have the right of way when crossing any street, including driveways.
- In New Jersey, it is illegal to frown at a police officer.
- In Alabama, it’s illegal to wear a blindfold while driving.
- In Youngstown, Ohio, you can be ticketed if your car runs out of gas.
- In Chico, California, it’s illegal to plant rutabagas in the road.
- In Oklahoma, you’ll be ticketed if caught reading a comic book while driving.
- Honking your car horn, except in an emergency, is illegal in NYC.
- It is a criminal offense to drive a dirty car in Russia.
- It is illegal to spit from a car in Marietta, Georgia. It is, however, legal to spit from a truck.
- In Wisconsin, It’s against the law to ride a bicycle with your hands off the handlebars.
- In Eureka, California it is illegal to use the road as a bed.
- In Massachusetts, it’s illegal to operate a car with a gorilla in the backseat.
← Studying for the Driver’s Test | Can You Turn Right on a Red Light in Texas? →