Keep Points Off Your Record!April 21, 2010 | in Driver Safety For You & Your Family
DefensiveDriving.com’s driver programs, host many benefits for its customers and clients. A major benefit is point reduction or keeping points off your driver record. Driver safety training may result in keeping the following points of your driver record in Texas for infractions outlined below:
- Two points for a moving violation conviction in Texas or that of another state.
- Points will not be assigned for speeding less than 10% over the posted limit or for seat belt violations.
- Child Safety Seat violations will accrue two points.
- Three points are assigned for a moving violation conviction in Texas or another state that resulted in a crash.
DefensiveDriving.com also hosts a Florida traffic school course. Our Florida approved traffic school allows for point reduction. Points are assessed as follows:
- Unlawful speed resulting in an accident-6
- Reckless driving-4
- Any moving violation resulting in an accident-4
- Passing a stopped school bus-4
- Driving During Restricted Hours-3
- Unlawful speed – 16 MPH or more over lawful or posted speed-4
- Unlawful speed – 15 MPH or less over lawful or posted speed-3
If within 30 days of the driving infraction, election is made to take our Florida state traffic school, no points will be accrued against the driver record and your insurance rates cannot increase for a single infraction within an 18-month period.
Florida residents may further take our Florida state traffic school for discounts for auto insurance.
Point reduction is essential because of its impact in preserving a good driving record. Many businesses actually assess the driver record to determine employment in various professions. This includes sales, commercial fleet services, repair services, and home care services to state the least. Our driver safety training is directed to encourage good habits and behaviors and restore safety to the nation’s roads. What are you waiting for? Elect to take our driver program and sign up today to keep points off your driver record.
← Defensive Driving Team | What are driver’s like in your city? →